Registrations for 2023-24 course are now closed and we are not accepting any more applications. Registrations for 2024-25 course will commence in June/July 2024
These are Beginners, Foundation and Intermediate Level Courses to introduce Sanskrit to children (aged 5 to 16 years). No prior knowledge of Sanskrit or Devanagari script is required. Classes will be split by age and capability.
Course Entry Prerequisites
Duration and Timings
One year duration. 2023-24 course starts Friday 8th September 2023 and will follow UK school terms and holidays.
- Fridays 6-6:30pm (Beginners Level)
- Fridays 6:30-7:15pm (Foundation Level)
- Fridays 7:15pm-8:15 (Intermediate Level)
- Learning Devanagari alphabet – vowels, consonants, joining consonants and vowels, conjunct consonants
- Simple stories in Sanskrit
- Simple Prarthanas
- Simple conversations in Sanskrit
- Simple sentences in Sanskrit
- Practice writing in Devanagari script
Students will be equipped with the introductory tools to continue their further learning of Sanskrit language and literature.
Students will need to be committed and ensure that they have the time to attend classes and do additional self-study and homework on a regular basis.
A parent or responsible adult is required to attend the classes with the child or children.
The medium of instruction is English.
Course is free. All teaching and administration is on a purely voluntary basis.
Online free course resources are used wherever possible. Requirements for any additional books will be advised during the course.
Course registration should be done by parent(s). Separate registration should be done for each child if more than one child is being registered from the same family.